Image Map

20 April 2016

Mother's Day Prep!

Whooooo for blogging Wednesday!!!

Thanks for stopping by! J



I am not afraid to say that I am not the most organised person in the world.
Organised chaos is more the word that springs to mind.

BUT I have been working really hard on that area and surprisingly to my pleasure this year I have made a vast improvement!!! *YAY ME!!*

We all have our things to work on.

After all no one or thing is perfect – except for tiramisu that is perfection! ;)

Whether you are an organised Polly, a lost minute Suzy or somewhere in between there are always those times and events that sneak up on us!

For me personally Mother’s day is ALWAYS one of those times! (To be fair May has a lot going on for me – it’s my Mums birthday, mother’s day and my parents wedding anniversary.)

But like I said this year I AM ON IT!!!!
I am so on it that I can finally run an event I have ALWAYS wanted to but never been able to due to the endless list of time, resources, other teachers, dates etc.

This mother’s day I will be holding a Mummy Spa night in my classroom!!

I originally came across the idea last year while reading Little Kinder Warriors blog and then I also found out my fellow teacher friend was doing one with her pre-primary class. My excitement levels were very high!!!

Even though both my friends class and Katie’s class were Kindy and PP I still think doing it in Yr 1 or 2 is great (especially if your Kindy or PP classes don’t do one!!!) because they can do some of the stations a lot better than a PP (or so I hope! Haha) so it is not just cute, it’s also fun and meaningful!

So I have done a little more researching on ideas and these are the stations I will be having!
·         Massages
·         Hair Styling
·         Make Over
·         Facials
·         Manicures
·         Photo booth
·         Chit Chat

Massages
I found back scratches at Big W (and some I already have at home) but you could also find them at $2 stores etc. I just got a few more for some variety J


While the mums are being pampered by their mini masseuse they are going to wear these face masks I picked up from the $2 store.


Hair Styling
The $2 store loved me as I also grabbed a whole bunch of these funky clips for the kids to style their mums hair with.


 I grabbed these funky mirrors from Big W.


Make Over
I found some cute eye shadows, blushes and lipsticks for $2 so bought a selection. I will be using some of those cute mirrors at this station!

Facials
I am going to ATTEMPT to make some homemade facials that I have found via the lovely internet and good old Pinterest however I am NOT beyond running to good old Kmart or big W to just buy the packet stuff if it doesn’t work out! ;)
and of course we will have some cut cucumber for their mums eyes! J

Manicures
Students will paint their mums nails at this station and give them a little hand massage with some hand cream!

Photo Booth
I found some cute photo booth signs at you guessed it the $2 dollar store that will be perfect to go on this area and I am going to chuck in some dress ups for fun!

Chit Chat
When people sit down there will be some prompt cards for the kiddos to ask/tell their mum with prompts like:
·         -What is your favourite colour?
·         -My favourite thing about you is...
·        - I like the way you...
·        - My favourite memory with you is
·        - What is your favourite pizza topping? (the essential questions of course! ;) hee hee)


What are you doing in class for Mother’s day?

No comments:

Post a Comment