Image Map

04 October 2015

Getting Organised!

Hey Y'all!

I am just buzzing with excitement at the moment!!!!

I have some big news, life changing news - I can't tell you the news just yet but trust me it is coming soon!


I just got back from camp late Saturday arvo and yesterday was most definitely a day of rest for me!

 

I have been a super busy bee these holidays and it is not going to change anytime soon as I am preparing to visit my sister in England for Christmas! I've made a list of things to do and its just getting longer!!!

 
BUT I have got a lot of things done - one of which was beginning  to organise my math resources!!!

This has been something I have been trying to do for a while now so the first day of holidays I bit the bullet and got started after all there is no rest for the wicked! ;)

 
I began by bagging and resorting all of my math resources. I love the children in my class but they do tend to not put things back the way they were given - often mixing resources etc.


After this I sorted my resources according to their skills. I made some labels  to represent each of these skill.



I chose to categorise my resources under the following topics:

1. Place Value (I used two tubs for this. One tub was for reading, writing and representing . The other for comparing, ordering and adding multiples)

2. Addition (I am thinking this into two boxes and having addition skills in one and  two digit addition in another as I have so many resources on this topic) 

3. Subtraction

4. Money

5. Fractions

6. Multiplication

7. Division 

8. Time

9. Measurement (length, area, volume etc)

 

I'm not going to lie it was a gruelling process but it was worth it. I could clearly see what I have a lot of  and what skills I need to create resources for!  And now whenever I create or buy a resource it can go straight into the topic ensuring ORGANISTION!!!!!! :) :)

Well I am going to be a little busy bee and buzz off to do some chores! :)

Speak soon! :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment