Image Map

13 October 2015

Graphing

Howdy Y’all J

I hope you are all having a spectacular week!!!

I had my first week back at school today and BOY was I so excited to be back with all my kiddos!!!

I am not going to lie although I didn’t want my holidays to end (who would really!) because I was getting so much done, I REALLY wanted to see my kids! J

We jumped straight into our learning today with expositions, looking at the ir, er and ur sound, beginning an amazing craft grammar activity from Katie King and Amy Lemons Stelluna unit (I am LOVING their product series ‘rooted in reading’ although I don’t say it aloud here in Australia much with the word rooted having a VERY different meaning over here! hee hee )


We also began looking at data and graphing!

I used these adorable transport cards from Reagan Tunstall’s guided math bundle unit 1 and began taking about how we got home after school!

Our options were walk, ride a bike, catch a bus, go to after school care or drive in a car.

We used the cards and our classroom mat to create a life sized picture graph!







We talked about why a picture graph was called a picture graph and discussed different ways we could display the same information - tallies/bar graph.


Afterwards we interpreted our graph and answered relating questions orally.

These questions included:
How most students traveled home
What method of transport was used the least
How many people drove a car or rode a a bike
How many more people drove a car then went to after school care




Tomorrow we are going to begin creating our own picture graphs which I am very excited for! :)

Also tomorrow we are having a shoelace incursion where we are going to learn how to tie our shoelaces!!!!!

HOW AWESOME IS THAT!!!!!!


So excited for everything happening this week that I am sure we will be speaking very soon! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment