Image Map

04 May 2016

Word Wall: Feelings

Howdy! :)

Just quickly stopping by today :)

I have spent the afternoon putting together an IKEA coffee table! I am Queen of the flat packs in my house! I have also been organising everything for our Mothers Day afternoon tomorrow!!! I am so nervous BUT excited!! 



Word walls have always been a goal of mine but I have always found I never had the time to create them and the generic ones were not quite taking my fancy! 

Last term my class focused on recounts. A personal comment is one of the structural elements of a recount where students summarise how they felt about the event. 

I found my students were stuck on words like happy/sad/bored or I had fun - to the extent these words were BANNED during writing time!!

To remedy this I created my feelings word wall to encourage my students to choose different words to describe their feelings and in turn EXPAND THEIR VOCABULARY!!! 

You can grab this product for $1 from my TPT store by clicking HERE

I am working on an adjective word wall at the moment as well!  If you have any particular words throw them my way! :)

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment