Image Map

04 September 2015

Fathers Day


It feels like FOREVER since I have had a moment to myself these past few weeks!  

I am so happy I have ……ahhh about 10 minutes to myself right now to get some blogging down and done! ;) So in light of this I am going to make this short BUT hopefully sweet!

This weekend is Father’s Day and in preparation for all the special dads out there we read a story about why dads are super heroes!!!

We then colour in a super hero outline and a small super dad sign!!!!! We cut the head off the super hero (which they enjoyed a little too much!!!) and replaced it with a drawing of their dad’s head!


Sorry it is upside down - my images sometimes play up!

Earlier in the week the year one teachers at our school help a Father’s day paraliturgy and breakfast! So many families came down for breakfast- it was honestly AMAZING!!!!!!

Then during the liturgy we got to watch a slide show that one of the incredible teachers had put together. IT showcased photos of children in the school and their fathers/grandfathers or significant male figure in their life!!!

It was so beautiful that I had to actively remind myself to not start crying and I am not even a highly emotional person!!!

I looked like such a goof!!!! I was grinning so much that my cheeks were throbbing!!

In light of Father's day and recognition of those special men (and people) both in or who have touched our lives I couldn't go past sending my love and thoughts to my incredible grandparents who I miss dearly!!


Have a lovely weekend! 
Hug and kiss those in your life and make sure you tell them you love them! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment