Image Map

24 July 2015

Handwriting

Hey Y’all!

I'm back from two camps and just finished the first week of term three! Talk about three weeks of crazy busy!!!! Then on the flip side of being crazy busy is the fact that now week one is already done I really only have 19 weeks left with my little fishes!

They will be gone before I know it!! :(

I did miss them over the holiday but that first week back is always a mission!!!


Between trying to juggle reinforcing rules, building skills back up to where they were left and not making it a full on week so they have time to readjust back to full time school I'm spent! 

Most times I felt like my students were just like this ....


The great news is I found this awesome website called GoNoodle! I am sure everyone else already knows about it and I am just behind in the times but geez this was a life saver this week! Whenever the kids seemed to be getting restless we put on a song, had a dance and then got back to our learning.

I particularly love MooseTube!!! It is so catchy I am still singing the songs and it is the weekend!!!

If you havn’t checked it out DO IT NOW!!! It is a wonderful resource and best of all sign up is free!!!


This week I really tried to restart our handwriting lessons because they started to fall away last term.

I’m going to be honest handwriting is not my most favourite subject to teach ….. not because I have bad handwriting or anything Personally my handwriting is neat but that is because I am  left handed and I slowly printed my words to avoid smudging it together when I was little. 

I think I find it just so blah. I feel there is not much to do with it to make it highly fun or engaging or at least I havn’t found anything yet.

To spice it up a little I try to add in some gimmicks like having our class pet ‘hoot’ teach the handwriting lesson or writing a silly sentence for the kids to copy.

This week we looked at the letter f quickly.  I decided to write a silly sentence about the deputy principle (who is a male) wearing pink, frilly knickers - the kids were in hysterics! We decided they could change the name of person who loves to wear the knickers ….providing they didn’t write Miss Thresher of course ;)


One little girl wrote about her brother wearing the knickers - ahhhh siblings ;) hee hee





Well I am off to spend some time with my number one girl :)









No comments:

Post a Comment