Image Map

22 May 2015

Procedure Writing


This photo pretty much sums it up for me tonight! Haha

Between report comments and our class assembly it has been a crazy week! 
To sum up the assembly in one of my students words we "NAILED IT!!!"

So tonight I am sitting with my feet up on the couch, wrapped in my blanket watching a movie one of the students in my class lent me because I NEED to watch this movie apparently!
Ahhh the things we do for the kids in our class! ;)

This term we have been learning about procedures!
We talked a lot about how a procedural text gives us instructions on how to do something or how to make something.

Procedures are one of my favourite writing genres because they can be really HANDS ON!!!!

This year we have made cold Milos, fairy bread, lemon body scrub (for mother’s day) and my personal favourite making oobleck!!!!

Making oobleck is super easy! All you need is some:
Corn flour
Food dye
Water

Together as a class we wrote a procedure to describe how to make Oobleck. We made sure to include all of the structural elements of a procedure which include a title, goal, ingredients, materials and a method. 

We also discussed how often procedures are accompanied by labelled diagrams and had a go at drawing some of our own diagrams to match our method.




Finally we followed our procedure to create our own Oobleck!



It was really interesting to touch! When you apply pressure it appears hard and solid but when you pick it up, it turns into a liquid! 


Our next writing genre is my favourite information reports!!!! I love to base it around animals which is always a hit with the kids. Expect to see some reports about sharks in the next few weeks!

For now ...



No comments:

Post a Comment