Image Map

25 February 2016

Creating a 'rock pool' for your beach themed classroom/dramatic play!

Blogging.
Art and Craft.

Two of my favourite things and tonight they get be combined because I am going to share with you how to make your very own fake rock pool!! :)


I absolutely loved making this and I cant wait to finish it off this weekend with animals and have it in the classroom ready for next week!!! :)

To get started you will need:
Brown Paper lunch bags (I used about 30 - 40 bags)
Brown wrapping paper (I used 2 x 3m)
Sticky tape
A bucket/ bowl or whatever you can find to the the base!
I used an old seashell sandpit base that I found on the side of the road!!! (always on the look for a bargain!!! ;) hee hee)








First wrap the brown paper around your base. I did this multiple times until I was happy with it all being covered.



DO NOT STRESS if it doesn't look 'pretty' - its a rock it should be rough!

THE MESSIER THE BETTER!!!!!!








To be honest you could leave the rock pool as it is still looks awesome! I am just a perfectionist!

As you can see Molly approves!!!! ;)



Once you are happy with the base it is times to move onto the rocks!!!
Using the paper bags scrunch, stuff and layer to create your ideal rocks.



Using sticky tape, tape down the paper to the base.




Once you get to this point it is time for the water!

I used two different blue fabrics together.


I used a bright blue fabric as the water base and then added a shimmery darker blue to create that mixed ocean blue colour.



And there you have it - a rock pool!




 Tune in later this week to see how to add the animals and plants!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment