Image Map

17 November 2015

Bits and Bobs

Hey Y’all!!!
Sorry for the silence of late - I have been thinking about blogging the whole time but it’s been a crazy few weeks of late!!!
I have so many exciting things happening or about to happen in the classroom at the moment!

So I apologise that this post may be a little bit of everything rather than once focus! Just too much to talk about!! J


Maths Capacity
Last week we learnt all about the capacity of items.

We talked about that capacity is important to understand because if we don’t we may over fill a drink or bath but also because bridges tell us their capacity in terms of weight.

We also discussed how we could describe the capacity of objects and compare them using this same language - justifying our positions!

In small group we examined three different containers estimating their capacity and comparing them from our initial estimation. Then we drew the three containers read to take our learning to the next level by going out into the great outdoors!!!




We put our learning into action in the sandpit by measuring how many cups each container took and comparing it to our other containers.







Dramatic Play
This term our dramatic play has been set up as a Café as per the students input!!
We made some of the pretend food to go into the area including: Spaghetti, Milkshakes, frappes, noodles and Sushi!












Awards Day
As the end of the school year approaches (officially only 18 days left with my little fish!!! L L) I am going to be holding an ‘awards’ afternoon for the class where we will look through photos of the year and each child will be presented with a certificate from me about something they have improved on this year.

Today I sent out invites to the students families!!! They look so cool!!!!




I will keep you posted of all the learning and fun happening - there is a lot coming!!! ;)


oh on a cute note we had a fun night at school with lots of little stalls and activities one of my students ran up to me showing me what they got painted on their arm



it was a Thresher Shark!!!! Love my kids 
#teachermoments #oneofthebestpartsofmyjob


Enjoy the last few days you have left with all your lovely children!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment